About the theme
To honour the strong focus of the Newtown Neighbourhood Centre to support local residents at risk of homelessness, this year we’ve themed the t-shirt comp design around “The Great Australian Dream” of owning your own home … something for many of us living in Newtown and the inner west is just that, a dream.
- Artwork must reference The Great Australian Dream with a local tangent.
- T-shirt Design must say Newtown Locals - get creative with your type.
- Your work doesn’t need to be an illustration, it just needs to be original.
- It must be black and white - set up the file for a white background.
- Outline all fonts.
- Files must be set up at A3 portrait (210x297mm) at 300dpi. Vector files are preferred.
- Please submit a press ready PDF, a 72dpi jpeg in RGB and your illustrator file if you created it this way. (If you don’t know how to do this email us and we can give you a hand).
- Deadline is Midnight, Friday September 22nd 2017.
- Winners announced at the official Launch Party Thursday 5th October at Young Henrys, where the first run of t-shirts will be for sale.
- Submit all entries to email@example.com
Buying your t-shirt
The winning design will be on sale at the Newtown Festival at the following stalls:
- Newtown Neighbourhood Centre Information tent
- The Newtown Locals Corner (at corner of Federation and Church streets)
- Newtown Locals T-shirt Stall (at the main entry off Lennox Street)
Profits of sales from the t-shirt contribute to our fundraising target for the Neighbourhood Centre.